Accomplishing the Association’s objectives requires community support and effort. The Association is supported by a number of action teams who propose Association goals for their for the coming year and carry out those approved by the Association Board of Directors. Any neighbor interested in joining an Action team is encouraged to do so and may contact the action team lead or any of the CCA Board members. The following are the action teams:
- Social Team - Coordinates the September block party, Holiday Party, and other social events).
- Public Safety Team - Addresses Crime Prevention & Emergency Preparedness/ Crestwood Contacts / Crestwood Neighbor Network/ Buddies for our seniors
- Green Team – Environmental Awareness / Gardening & Landscape Ideas, Green Space Maintenance / Garden Tour, Rock Creek Park issues / November Community Clean- Up / Beautification. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kids’ Team – Recommends actions of interests to families with children, coordinates events for Easter, July 4, and Halloween. Please contact email@example.com.
- Communications Team - Newsletters, social media, and website. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issues Team [“DC Matters”] – A small dedicated team of residents who track issues that matter to us or that impacting us as a community.
- Aging in Place - The Crestwood Citizens Association has a number of initiatives to assist older adults remain in their homes safely. For more information please contact email@example.com.
To get more information or to join an Action Team, please email the Action Team email address above or firstname.lastname@example.org.